Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Excuses, Excuses

It has been 16 days (I think) since my last post and I feel ridiculous, silly, sorry, ambivalent about the whole thing. I know that is a laundry list of random emotions but 9 days ago I moved into a new apartment with my boyfriend (who is, as of 8 days ago, now my fiancee!) and our baby. The whole packing, heavy lifting, moving, loading and unloading, organizing, and cleaning has taken an extreme amount of time from my schedule. So I feel like I have an excuse; however, I am not a big fan of excuses. They almost always sound fake, half-assed, or just dumb. I often wonder why people, myself included, can't just bite the bullet and do whatever it is they are now making excuses for.

In my case I have another pretty good excuse...we don't have Internet in our apartment yet. Never mind that there is a lovely coffee shop right below our apartment with perfectly adequate wifi. Using said coffee shop's wifi means walking down a flight of 20 (or 23 depending on which staircase you use) stairs and entering the coffee shop, finding a supremely comfortable armchair and parking my bahumpus. All this is clearly a lot of work and incredibly taxing on a single human being. Therefore I have use the excuse of not having Internet in the apartment because it just makes life easier and lets me off the hook, right?

Oh well. Excuses or not I am back now and rededicating myself to this blog...at least until classes start in about 15 days and I have another excuse for why I'm too busy.

Cheers,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment