Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Alarm-ing

Well first of all, good morning. And second of all, I wish I could say good night and crawl right back into bed. Today was one of those dreadful mornings where you curse your alarm for remembering to do its job. Why, oh why couldn't it just malfunction and let me sleep more? Why couldn't it magically add 2 more hours into the night? I found I have a tendency to rush through getting ready in the morning because once I'm totally ready to go, I'll hop back in bed for 20 more minutes and set my alarm for 5 minutes before I'm supposed to be out the door. That way I can get some extra ZZZs but I am ready to walk right out the door when my alarm goes off.

I tried once to make the whole alarm experience more pleasant by choosing a gentle, soothing ring tone for my alarm (I use my phone as my alarm). The tone I choose had a soft melody with water trickles and birds chirping in the background. Peaceful and calming. I was sure this would help me wake up and start my day in a positive way. It worked for about a day. Then even the water trickles and birds pissed me off. Funny how something so nice by itself, when put in the context of an alarm, can become grating.

I found some ways online to help people wake up feeling refreshed.

-Go to bed happy

-Splurge on a quality pillow

-Meditate or pray before bed, generally calm yourself down

-Don't eat right before bed

-Have a glass of water when you wake up

-Exercise in the morning

-Let natural light in

-Have something to look forward to when you wake up

These are just a few suggestions. You can find explanations for these at this website as well as this website. Or you can do your own Internet searches for ways to help you sleep better, wake up feeling refreshed, and generally be a morning person.

Best of luck.

Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment